The author, Marshall Rosenberg, in his book titled, “Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life” lays out 14 interdependent human needs. The first couple of sentences in the book’s introduction states things plainly: “Believing that it is our nature to enjoy giving and receiving in a compassionate manner, I have been preoccupied most of my life with two questions. What happens to disconnect up from our compassionate nature, leading us to behave violently and exploitatively? And conversely, what allows some people to stay connected to their compassionate nature even under their most trying circumstances?”
To that end, Dr. Rosenberg recorded 14 human needs that are inextricably linked with one another. Not unlike our endocannabinoid system, which maintains our body's homeostasis, these 14 needs show how interconnected our emotions are with one another. Hence, we decided to explore these fourteen needs and how you may be able to experience them at Feel State.
1. Acceptance - Cannabis is medicine. Many of us have come to this realization - from those who have ventured to the edge of a limb to those who begrudgingly accepted that there are more options than pharmaceuticals. That is why you may be standing in a dispensary and, for that, you are to be applauded. But we realize that for the uninitiated, a psychoactive experience can be an uncomfortable one. For those looking for the benefits of cannabis while minimizing the potential for feeling “high”, we would recommend you check out our series on How Not To Get High With Cannabis and then might point you in the direction of products that have a higher CBD/ THC ratio (such as the Amend 10/1 CBD / THC tincture).
2. Appreciation - As we begin to learn more about the medicinal qualities of cannabis, we begin to appreciate this plant for what it is: a plant with a host of cannabinoids and terpenes that give your body all the hugs it needs (as we highlight in our Pharmacology of Cannabis blog!). With that in mind, keeping a container of Wana Strawberry/Lemonade 1:1 THC/CBD gummies nearby for the hard times might be in store for you.
3. Closeness - We’ve spent the past year and a half staying away from each other. It's time to open the curtains, let in the light, and let our friends back into our physical lives. We like to call cannabis the great connector, so invite the ones you love that have medical cards, of course, to your home and share a Keef Cola.
4. Consideration - You can only love someone else as much as you love yourself. Therefore, why not treat yourself to a Honey Bee Chocolate bar. Crafted by chocolatier Dave Owens, these bars of goodness are perfect for microdosing.
5. Community - The community has embraced us warmly here at Feel State and, for that, we are extremely thankful. That’s why we want to give back. Whether it be through our home grow giveaways (there will be more of these to come in the future!) or partnering with various community organizations, we want to ensure that we are good stewards for this new industry.
6. Empathy - We can all empathize with having a lousy night’s sleep. From late night bathroom runs, to restlessness, to nightmares, Vivid Dream Capsules are formulated with CBN and THC to help promote healthy sleep and proper pain management.
7. Honesty - While Missouri state law does not require terpene testing, it is important for our patients (and the dispensary team) to be as informed as possible. To that end, we present Illicit Gardens. They generously provide a terpene profile for their flower right on the label, allowing our patients to make the most educated choice they can.
8. Love - From the look, to the taste, to the effects, Purple Chem has wrapped its branches around all the Feel State team members because of its relaxing and anti-inflammatory qualities. With its strong presence of Pinene, it may allow you to remain present and in the moment, so that you can experience all the love it has to give.
9. Reassurance - Patients who are new to cannabis can often feel overwhelmed and intimidated by the amount of information that can be learned about the plant. To that end, we at Feel State want to offer our patients and non-patients alike, a free consultation either in the dispensary or from the comforts of your own home. Whether you are new to the medicine or advanced in knowledge, your Patient Guidebook will also undoubtedly teach you a thing or two about how to choose the medicine that is best for you.
10. Respect - For too long, we have ignored what we have put in our bodies in the name of taste and convenience. It's about time we started respecting what goes from hand to mouth. That is why all of our products have been third party tested for your health and safety. Our concentrates, like Frosted Cookies live resin from Vivid, are clean and pure from the first draw to the last.
11. Trust - As needs go, trust is in the top three. That is why we carry BeLeaf 500mg Full Spectrum Hemp oil. Each product is marked with a batch number so you can then visit their website and enter the those digits to be led to a Certificate of Analysis for a complete list and percentages of cannabinoids and terpenes.
12. Support - Everyone has different needs. That’s why we carry a wide variety of products for all our patients. Flower for those who prefer to combust or vape; edibles for those who like to eat their medicine; topicals that can be applied directly to the area of affliction; and concentrates for more immediate relief. And, of course, if you are looking for more information about these different consumption methods, we have you covered!
13. Understanding - Understanding the medicine you are taking is just as important as the effects it will have on you. That is why it is important to learn as much as one can. To expand this knowledge, please strongly consider signing up for a free consultation (we know we are repeating ourselves here!) where you will learn about things like biphasic dosing, the endocannabinoid system, and how to fill out a patient consumption journal to optimize your level of comfort.
14. Warmth - No one wants to be in an uncomfortable environment. That is why we have outfitted Feel State with a comfortable waiting area, a private consultation area, and a well stocked retail room. Our patients can be guaranteed an atmosphere built on warmth, trust, loyalty and above all else, honesty.