We’ve heard rosin is made with just ice and water, but what does that process actually look like? In this episode of The Feels, Joe Kelly, Extraction Manager at VIBE Cannabis, walks us through what makes good hash, how VIBE creates their hash rosin, and how they ensure consistent and impeccable product quality across batches.
Here’s an outline of what Joe and Jeff discuss during this episode:
- 0:00 Welcome and Introduction
- 0:17 Who is Elitist Urban Agriculture?
- 1:10 When did you enter the cannabis industry?
- 1:49 What kind of experience do you need to become a cannabis extractor?
- 2:40 What Colorado experiences have you brought to Missouri?
- 3:19 How do you build a good lab extraction team?
- 3:52 How should people learn more about working in cannabis?
- 4:12 What are your responsibilities as the VIBE lab manager?
- 5:00 How often do you have to tweak the machine settings?
- 5:33 What extraction method does VIBE use?
- 6:04 What kind of equipment do you use for creating rosin?
- 6:40 How do you make hash at VIBE?
- 9:15 How do you turn hash into rosin?
- 10:10 How do you control the quality of your rosin?
- 11:04 What’s your favorite form of cannabis consumption?
- 11:42 Do you think potency levels will eventually be limited in Missouri?
- 13:01 How do you educate people about potency levels?
- 14:19 What products does VIBE offer right now?
- 14:51 How do you ensure product quality at VIBE?
- 15:57 How do you describe the difference between flower and concentrate effects?
- 16:47 What new products is VIBE working on?
You can now listen to The Feels on major podcast platforms!
That’s right! If you prefer to listen to this episode, head over to Spotify, Google Podcasts, or Amazon Music to tune into our show.
Connect with Joe Kelly through VIBE Cannabis on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn
Learn more about our sponsors
Recording studio: utopiaexperience.com
Thanks to Sean Greene Videography and Kristen Williams Designs for producing this video!
Want more episodes of The Feels? Visit our blog or YouTube channel!
Disclaimer: The information presented here is meant for educational purposes only. Medical decisions should not be made based on advertising. Consult a physician on the benefits and risks of specific medical products.